1. It's fun. Make Pearland Small Business Saturday your tradition. Sleep in, meet for breakfast at a local, independent café, then come out and visit with us.
Shopping at small businesses keeps money in your community to and for your neighbors and friends.
2. You support LOCAL! When you shop small, the bulk of the money you spend and most of your taxes stay local — helping schools, paving streets, keeping you safe. According to the research firm Civic Economics, for every $100 you spend:
• In a local small business, $68 stays in your community.
• At a local branch of a chain store, $43 remains.
• Online, virtually no money stays local.
3. You get your money's worth and an absolute unique product.
4. You can find great deals and meet some amazing folks.
5. Lively, vibrant, and active streets are considered an advantage when selling a home. They make your property more valuable.
6. You'll strengthen your community. Local businesses are owned by people who live in your town, go to your church or synagogue, donate to local animal shelters, coach Little League teams. When you spend money in their stores and cafes, you support your neighbors.
7. You'll get amazing toys. Walk into a toy superstore, and you'll find aisles of pink and blue plastic that'll end up at Goodwill by spring. Instead, at an independent vendor, you'll find toys that will spark kids' imaginations, help them learn and be a lot of fun.
8. You'll create jobs. Local businesses create local jobs. Often, these are jobs that pay better than those at chain stores.
9. You'll find "where did you get that?" jewelry. OK, I admit it — some of the gifts I buy on Small Business Saturday are for myself. I shop small gift stores, boutiques and jewelry stores to find unique accessories.
10. You'll get pampered. The best gift is often an experience — a spa day, golf lesson, cooking class. Check your local independent businesses for great services to give as gifts.
KEEP IN MIND THAT ONE VENDOR PER SHOW IS CHOSEN TO SHOW FOR FREE AT THE NEXT SHOW - KEEP THOSE LIKES GOING, SHARE OUR PAGE, ADVERTISE ON OUR PEARLAND SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY SHOW FB PAGE, LINK US TO YOUR WEBSITE, THESE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HELP BOOST YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CHOSEN TO SHOW FOR FREE AND KEEPS OUR AUDIENCE ENGAGED WHICH BOOSTS YOUR SALES.